||Off Shore / On Shore
||Hydraulics Test Lab Intern
Hydraulics Test Lab Intern
Locations: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Requisition ID: 042138
We are seeking a Test Lab Engineering Intern to work out of our Eden Prairie, MN office for Summer, 2017.
The essential function of this position is to learn and implement innovative test technology and lean methodologies to improve quality and productivity of testing. The projects will contribute to taking the test lab to the next level in terms of global standardization and leading edge and enable it to function more efficiently.
During this internship, the participant will:
- Consult with test lab contacts, engineers, external vendors, as well as lean manufacturing experts.
- Review how and where technologies such as automation and lean tools can be applied to the test lab environment.
- Research standardization and leading edge technologies; propose strategies for the test lab and provide guidance through implementation.
- Conduct research and selection process for inventory control software.
- Build leadership skills by driving the test lab team to improve productivity as well as champion the continuous improvement culture.
- This assignment will require the following skills and development tools/opportunities:
- Hydraulic systems
- Automation software application
- Lean methodology and application
- Developing functional knowledge, specifically in research and development, opportunities to learn about engineering in production and design environments
- MOC (Management of Change)
- Project management
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered).
- Minimum of one year of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship.
- Authorized to work in the United States without work authorization on a permanent basis.
- This position does not offer relocation. Must reside within 50 miles of the Eden Prairie, MN facility.
To apply this job please register in www.whyps.com: ** Do not send your CV in email@example.com