||Off Shore / On Shore
||Laser Machine Operator
Laser Machine Operator
Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
Job ID: 037007
The Laser Machine Operator is responsible for the daily operation of the laser machine, including moving necessary materials to and from the machine and routine maintenance of the machine.
- The position of Laser Operator requires the candidate to load appropriate materials onto laser table and perform laser cutting operations effectively and efficiently per specifications, work instructions, schedules, and drawings.
- Operator will complete tasks for laser operation while applying standard practices; perform set-up and operation on laser; use steel gauge to validate thickness of appropriate materials loaded for specific job orders; load correct materials and unload all parts; use precision instruments to check tolerances and visually check quality of parts.
- Ability to stop and ask for clarification if not understanding job instructions or work orders; ensure a clean hand-off of good quality product to next operation; keep work area clean and provide a safe environment of area for self and others.
- Required to use forklift and crane, forklift and crane experience a plus
- Ability to read blueprints along with understanding verbal and written instructions, schedules, documents, and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring devices (such as tape measure and/or calipers); ability to troubleshoot minor program errors independently; work under little supervision.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses w/side shields, earplugs or other hearing protection, steel-toed boots w/meta-tarsals, gloves, and any other PPE and follow safe manufacturing and material handling practices as required.
- Must be able to lift up to and including 50 LBS with and/or without assistance; bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials and perform all other essential duties as required.
- Must possess basic math skills to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Minimum of 6 months of machining experience within a manufacturing environment
To apply this job please register in www.whyps.com: ** Do not send your CV in firstname.lastname@example.org