Mobile Field Service Technician
Terex Services North America provides the most reliable crane and heavy equipment repair and maintenance services available today. From inspections and certifications to installations and upgrades, Terex Services works closely with our customers to determine the right solution for their needs.
This position will be responsible for servicing Dallas, TX. The successful candidate should be qualified to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair truck mounted aerial platforms, digger derricks and cranes.
Qualified applicants will be proficient in hydraulic system diagnostics and repair, electrical system diagnostics, and be able to read hydraulic and electrical schematics as well as use fluid and load testing tools.
Be able to interpret blue prints, drawings and work orders. Must have knowledge and skill with hydraulics, automotive electronics and 110 volt systems and be able to perform heavy component installations (climbing up, down and under trucks or aerial man-lift baskets) in a timely manner.
Be willing to obtain all required tools. Be able to pass Terex welding certification test and become qualified as a CDL Driver if required. Be willing to attend all required training and perform work in the field when necessary.
Experience in insulated aerial products is a plus. Take responsibility for Service Truck, keeping it ready at all times for required fieldwork. (Service truck to be stationed at Field Service Mechanic's home). Take responsibility for all required documentation of work performed or in process.
- Parts Fabrication
- Installation of components
- Test operation of completed units
- Trouble shoot and repair customer units in the field.
- Install heavy components such as PTO's and pumps, and Transmissions under trucks.
- Install components in truck cabs, on truck bodies and in aerial manlifts.
- Must be able to perform job duties or assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- 5 years experience in similar field (minimum)
- Clear driving record (CDL preferred) and vaild driver's license
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Background in Customer Service (preferred)
- Experience with utility-type equipment a plus
- California OSHA Certification is a plus
- Fluid Power Society certification is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Hi-Ranger and Telelect or related product lines.Must have extensive knowledge of Hi-Ranger and Telelect or related product lines.
- Requires own tools.
- Basic computer skills
- Work Environment Considerations:
- Must be willing to work varied hours, including evenings as necessary and be on the road three to four nights per week.
- Able to climb ladders and over and under vehicles.