||Off Shore / On Shore
||Application Engineer System
Product Engineer, Hydraulic Systems
Location: Dubuque, IA, US, 52001
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work.
As a Product Engineer, at John Deere’s Construction & Forestry Division (Dubuque Works), you will support the Backhoe PDP group that leads ongoing development of hydraulic power management strategies and associated pump hardware for current and future PDP/global programs. In addition, you will:
- Design mobile hydraulic system and sub-systems for new PDP programs and ongoing continuous improvement projects.
- The primary focus will be leading the development of hydraulic pump components and power control system solutions to achieve performance, efficiency, quality, financial and schedule goals.
- Utilize Matlab and Simulink tools to develop power control models.
- Conduct investigations into dynamic performance enhancements and troubleshoot control related issues.
- Develop complex hydraulic system and sub-system schematics.
- Effectively interface with dynamic systems modeling group, system engineering and powertrain experts to complete system integration and development tasks.
- Leverage key supplier experts to support the development of new hydraulic components and system architectures.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience in a Product Engineering Design environment.
- Development experience relating to industrial or mobile hydraulic systems and related component applications.
- Technical experience relating to developing/diagnosing hydraulic systems, pump controls and components.
- Strong desire and ability to learn and apply hydraulic system/component design principals to ongoing design activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with Creo (Pro-Engineer), project management techniques and engineering analysis fundamentals.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestic and internationally, up to 10%.
Education (or equivalent work experience):
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
To apply this job please register in www.whyps.com: ** Do not send your CV in firstname.lastname@example.org