Using Bi-Directional Solenoid Valves for Heat Pumps
A solenoid valve with a built-in check valve is designed to replace a liquid line solenoid valve in parallel with a check valve for reverse flow. This valve may be applied in the liquid line of a supermarket case for positive shutoff during pump down control, while allowing full flow in the reverse direction during reverse gas defrost. It may also be used in the liquid line of a heat pump to prevent migration of refrigerant to the outdoor unit during the heating mode, while allowing full flow in the reverse direction during the cooling mode.
CAUTION: This valve will not close in the reverse flow/cooling mode.
CE6-HP Series Solenoid Valves
- For Refrigerants 22, 134a, 404A, 407C, 407F, 410A, 507
- Bi-Directional Solenoid Valve
- Supermarket Pumpdown Control
- Prevents Heat Pump Refrigerant Migration
- Extended Solder Type Connections
- MKC-1 Coil, Class F
This article originally published at :